eAudio Through GCPL
GCPL offers a selection of downloadable and streaming eAudio-- free with your library card! Each service offers a variety of titles and is compatible with a multitude of devices. Typically, a user name and password is created to access each one. Your library card and PIN is the key to free accounts on these platforms:
Free (Public Domain) eAudio Online
Provides a visual, library catalog type interface to search for materials (digitized and recorded by other sites such as LibriVox and Gutenberg); a good place to start browsing for what's available in the public domain!
Includes both computer-generated and human narration
Includes over 8000 recordings; a sub-collection of Internet Archive
Gutenberg Audio Books
Includes about 150 recordings
A well designed, education-focused site which offers ebooks and mp3 audio recordings; a small but high quality collection of titles
Verkaro Audio (Literalsystems)
New to the collection: OneClickdigital!
How to Use OneClickdigital:
Sign up for an account:
- On the library’s Oneclickdigital site, select the “Create New Account” link in the upper right-hand side of the screen or select the “Login” link where you will find the “Create an Account” button.
- Fill in your library card number and personal information.
- Under eAudio preferences, select OneClickdigital Media Manager. This is the preferred download method.
- Create a username and password. Usernames cannot be changed after your account is created. The password must be at least 7 characters long, including both letters and numbers.
- Enter your email address and then reenter to confirm it.
- Click “Create an Account."
- Select an Audio Device Type: “Apple Device” for iPod, iPhone, iPad, iTouch, and Macs or select "other" for non-Apple devices. You may also select “Apple Device” if you want to download and listen to titles from iTunes on your computer.
Access Titles in the App:
- From your library's OneClickdigital site, install the Media Manager onto your computer or device.
- Log on to the Media Manager with the username and password you created for your Oneclickdigital account. You will also be asked for your location so that your library site can be identified.
- Select the search icon at the bottom of the screen to retrieve a title.
- Enter your password to access the library's collection from the app.
- Select the "Library Site" Tab at the top to search the library's collection.
- Find a title, select the number of days you would like for checkout, and click "checkout now."
- On the next page, select "My Titles" on the top menu bar and download your selection. (Auto-download can be selected in settings for instant access).
Use on a PC/ Transfer to a Device:
- Download a title into the OneClickdigital Media Manager on your PC.
- Click on the “Download/Transfer” button to transfer a title to a USB connected iPod or iPhone, or other supported device.
- You will receive a message informing you when the transfer is complete.
- OneClickdigital can be used on as many computers as you would like, but titles downloaded to specific computers stay on that PC.
- A title can be downloaded multiple times but only transferred to two different devices.
The OneClickdigital eAudio app is available for:
Download the free app by clicking on one of these links. Login using the credentials you created at the OneClickdigital website, and access your checkouts, browse and checkout titles, and download directly to your device using the app. All titles are available for download with the app.
Flexible Checkout -- Up to 20 items can be out for up to 21 days at a time
Wishlist -- Keep track of desired titles
Early Returns -- Release a title so you can check out the next one sooner
Saved Searches -- Keep track of favorite keywords, authors, and topics. If new content is added that falls within your search parameters, it will appear in the search results. Available from a drop down menu in the upper left corner of the ‘Advanced Search” window.
Search Filters -- Select filters, such as availability or genre, by clicking the desired option on the right side of the screen.